One class of information I'm deliberately not covering here are posts or threads on the various guitar forums. While there is some great forum content out there on the TAE, trying to keep up with all the forum talk would require more time than I have to devote to it.
Relevant Product Pages
- Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander – The official Boss product page for the TAE
- A Deeper Look at Boss’s Innovative Tube Amp Command Center – It's a fairly long read, but this white paper provides some nice detail on the TAE's features and usage scenarios
- Boss GA-FC Foot Controller – Foot switch bank for controlling the TAE
- Boss EV-5 – Entry-level Boss expression pedals
- Boss EV-30 – Mid-tier Boss expression pedals
- Boss FV-500H and Boss FV-500L – Flagship Boss expression pedals
- Sound On Sound – This print review is the most comprehensive that I've found. If you can only read one, this is it in my opinion.
- MusicRadar – Another good review, this one was originally published in the October 2019 issue of Guitarist magazine
- Guitar Interactive (YouTube) – This is an excellent video review. If this doesn't get you excited about the TAE, then the product is simply not for you.
- Guitar Interactive (web site) – The print version of the Guitar Interactive review
- That Pedal Show – This TAE vs. OX comparison video is painfully talky and slow-moving. But it's one of the minority of videos that shows how the TAE sounds with lower gain sounds. For some reason, most TAE videos concentrate on high-gain sounds.
- Better Music – An Australian video comparison between the TAE and OX. A lot of great A/B sound comparisons between the units. One issue (pointed out by none other than Bruce Egnater in the comments!) is that there needs to be a C comparison with the actual cabinet and mics being emulated. A fair point, but it's still useful just to tell which one simply sounds best to you. Accuracy of the emulation is interesting and all, but whether the final result flips your switch or not is the most important thing, right?
- Andertons Music – Yet another TAE vs OX comparison
- EytschPi42 – Part 5 of a 5-part series on the TAE. This one compares the TAE to a bunch of similar products.
- TAE on YouTube – There are a ton of TAE videos on YouTube. I'm focusing on the ones I like best, but if you want to peruse them all, use this link.
- Boss TAE Overview – A more marketing-oriented official demo video from Boss
- Boss TAE Introduction – A rather more useful official demo from Boss
- Sweetwater – A very good demo from the fine folks at Sweetwater, my favorite music e-tailer
- Brett Kingman – Another great demo from one of the best gear demonstrators on YouTube
- Leon Todd – Demo with high-gain sounds
- Rabea Massaad
- HarryAndAGuitar – I like that Harry demos the TAE with a variety of amps, which oddly nobody else seems to do
- Yngwie Malmsteen – Not sure it's the best demo, but hey, it's Yngwie J. Freakin' Malmsteen and for that reason alone it must be included